Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Writing Under the Influence

Drunk with love, so I write under the influence


You are my kryptonite, my jazz
I see you, I weak
I see you, I go mumu mode

 Mumu Mode



The feeling you bring is like having freshly baked Barcelos bread with Ghana high beans with the pomo effect
Like crispy ijebu gari, freshly fried groundnut and 2cubes of sugar drunk from a fancy bowl under an almond tree on a sunny afternoon
The thought of you brings that Christmas feeling
And when you are here, it feels like I’ll be needing a space suit cos it feels like I’m in space
You have caused this tussle between my head and my heart
Dear, you have put me on ‘mumu mode’
You have gained entrance into my heart without a visa
I don’t know how you creep into my mind at night
And then catch my undying attention in the morning…

I pray for you as much as I pray for myself
I seriously want it to be well with you
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice one my pelzon. Can I write under the influence too? Lemme know via maxxzymusdapoet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete